Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Never Forgot.

You took this dagger you call love and stabbed me in the chest.
My emotions spilled on the cold, hard pavement where you left me to die.
With one fell swoop you took all that was me.
My laughter.
My joy.
My inspiration.
You committed a crime greater than any other.
Leaving a soul without a purpose.

Why must you still haunt my dreams.
You torture my memories with the thoughts of you.
Wasn't it enough when you tore me to pieces.
When I cried out your name, but you never answered.
When you walked away from everything we had.

You took my will to live.
The spark that motivated my soul.
My entire reason for getting out of bed in the morning.
A soul without a purpose is like a fly without its wings.
There is no point to being, when the reason is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment